Friday, April 13, 2007


Journaling block:
Patiently EndureOur lives are rollercoasters. We experience moments on the mountain tops and moments in the valleys. Even in times of trial, we experience ups and downs. At one point, you may feel "strong" in your faith and trust in God to pull you through. His will be done, no matter what even if it isn't what you really want. And then there are those times when, dare I say, you are angry with God. You feel He is not near, isn't answering your prayers(or fast enough), doesn't care about you and your situation or is just too busy for you. It is in these times when your faith is being tested and you must stand strong. It is also in these times that I start to take matters in my own hands. I simply cannot wait any longer and so I set out to "fix" it. But what usually happens? I make things worse. Perhaps my quick fix isn't in God's timing, or the other person involved or not the right solution according to God. Someone once told me, "you have to give it to God. Just keep it to Him." All I thought was "Yeah, but..." During one of these times I started reading my Bible and was led to 2 Peter 2:9 "if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgement, while continuing their punishment." Ok, I'm starting to feel a little better, perhaps some relief around the corner...upon further reading I found Revelation 3:10 "Since you have kept my command to endure patiently," wait stop right there. Endure patiently. Two things I do not particularly care for. Endure meaning to suffer without yielding, to bear without resistance. And patience! Eight years ago when I prayed for patience I got pregnant with my third daughter and I have been learning ever since! Or have I? I have to constantly remind myself to be patient if I expect God to do a good work in me. When will I learn? Let's finish the verse, Revelation 3:10 "Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come upon the whole world to test those who live on the earth."

Journaling Strips:
God is in control. My patience is shortest when I am not in control. Believe with all your heart that God the creator and sustainer of all things knows what He is doing.

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are--yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. Hebrews 4:15-16

During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission. Although he was a son, he learned obedience from what he suffered Hebrews 5:7,8

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28...not saying its going to be "all good" but in what is best for us-for our ultimate good.

Have you ever considered doing a layout without photos? It was a challenge, but fun. Here are more ideas on scrapbooking without photos.

Materials used in layout:
Fun Love digital kit by Melissa Rose
Misc. digital elements
Transparency (coming soon...)

Faithfully,

Dawn

2 Comments:

Blogger Sonseeker said...

Such heart felt journaling and testimony of God's work in your life. Thanks for sharing. I'll have to give "no photo" layout a try.

Sabrina

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thinking about one of your journalling tags. God is in control. I am least patient when I am in control. If I give God control of my life, I can bear the fruit of patience with more ease.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home