Thursday, January 25, 2007

Photo Blocks

This year I made photo blocks for Christmas gifts for my family. I ended up making 5 sets in all.





I started out with a blank block kit from DigitalScrapbookPlace.com. DH and I took the photos, I cropped in Photo Impact and printed out on regular cardstock. I used a square punch or just trimmed the photos to 1 1/2" sq. I adhered the photos to the blocks with decoupage. I also used the following papers by Crossed Paths on all five projects: Faith Collection: Stained Glass, Faith verses, Peace verses, Glory verses, Thankful Heart verses, and Family verses. My oldest daughter, Katlynn, painted the bases. I inked and stamped them to give them a distressed look. the metal plate is by Making Memories. I put 2 decoupage layers over the photos and papers and sanded the edges. I really enjoyed creating these keepsakes for my family. I think they enjoy receiving them as well.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sonseeker said...

I love these. Especially the Brady Bunch photos. Thanks for sharing. I need to try this.

Sabrina

6:11 PM  
Blogger tinamarie said...

Those are great!! Which Cricut cartidge did you use for the star and manger? I don't recognize them, and would love to know how you made the manger if it was from pieces of different cartridges! Thanks for sharing the idea and for any info you can give me.

Tina

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home