Thursday, January 20, 2005

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Verse of the week:Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.1 Corinthians 13:4-8

With Valentine's Day just around the corner, I guess "love is in the air!" As I mentioned in my newsletter, we tend to associate love with that warm fuzzy feeling inside, when actually it is anything but. Perhaps in the "honeymoon" stage you can find no fault with your spouse. You are patient, kind, are willing to do anything for that someone special! But then the honeymoon is over, and reality sets in. Loveis not a feeling, but a constant work in progress. We must continually strive to bemore patient, not self-seeking, trusting, and perserving in our marriage. I hope andpray you will think of these things each and every day!

Supporting verses:
And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone.1 Th 5:14

blessed is he who is kind to the needy. Pr 14:21

but envy rots the bones. Pr 14:30

May I never boast except in the cross Gal 6:14

Do not be proud, but be willing Ro 12:16

Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. 1 Cor10:24

slow to anger, abounding in love Ex 34:6

If you, O Lord, kept a record of sins, Ps 130:3

and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness. 2 Th 2:12

It has given me great joy to find some of your children walking in the truth, just as the Father commanded us. 2 Jn 4

It gave me great joy to have some brothers come and tell about your faithfulness to the truth and how you continue to walk in the truth. I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. 3 Jn 3,4

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resonding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. 1 Cor 13:-3

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Cor 13:13
What are your thoughts on this verse? Perhaps you can utilize this verse in your faithbooking journal or scrapbook. Please share...thanks for reading!

Faithfully,

Dawn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home